6 Fairview Avenue Washington Township, NJ 07853 (MORRIS COUNTY)
Phone: 1.908.876.9696 | Email: email@example.com
The Washington Township HIstorical Society was founded in 1960 and incorporated in 1961 by a group of concerned citizens who were committed to saving the historic 1774 Union Church ruins from demolition. Many of those first members were descendants of Washington Township’s founding families. Since that time, the Society has contributed to preserving historic township structures at risk. By 1974, The Society had raised sufficient funds for the first stabilization of the church’s stone walls, followed in 2010, with help from the Morris County Historic Trust Fund, for a second stabilization. In 1995, the Society lent donated funds to the Washington Township Land Trust for the purchase of the historic Obadiah LaTourette Mill. In 2018 and 2022, again with help from the Morris County Historic Trust Fund, the Society funded structural restorations to the historic 1830 Union Schoolhouse.
Mission & Education
Museum & Cemetery
Programs & Events